Wednesday 13 October 2010

3D projecting Form

Progressed into...
(almost finished)

Finished
 (not the best photo/angle but I had trouble uploading the others)


This is the starting stage, almost finished and finished stages of my 3d projected form. After making the base out of newspaper, we started to cover it with some pages from the back and front of the book. As in the 2D projecting form, we brainstormed some ideas in the front of the book, relative to the theme, cats.


I chose the sleeping cat as my form because the book is about a small kitten getting lost in the snow and at the very end of the story, there is an illustration of a cat curled up in a basket in front of a fire. I thought that this summed the book up quite nicely so that is why I created this 3D form. If you look very closer, you can see some of the key phrases from the book, on his face there are more, smaller phrases. For example; lost in the snow, animal rescue, the unwanted kitten and safe by the fireplace.


The pieces influenced me with the amount of detail they included and i only really  realised how hard it is to create that amount of detail when I tried it four myself.


Pieces which inspired this work:






As I previously commented, I like the way the goat is coming out of one page and eating the next. Now that I have done a piece in the similar style, I appreciate how hard it is to create a piece this precise and with this amount of detail.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the upload of the finished piece, it looked great in class.

    When you have uploaded this can you explain in more depth where your idea for the cat came from and how the artists influenced your piece.

    ReplyDelete